Professor Michael Gertz heads the Database Systems Group at the Institute for Computer Science at the Heidelberg University. The research focus of his strongly interdisciplinary group is on methods and applications in the fields of text analysis, data mining, machine learning and analysis of complex networks.
- 1996: Ph.D. (Dr. rer. nat), Institute of Computer Science, Leibniz University of Hannover
- 1991 – 1997: Research Associate, Department of Databases and Information Systems, Institute for Computer Science, Leibniz University of Hannover
- 1986 – 1991: Study of Computer Sciences, TU Dortmund University
Research Papers (selection)
- Andreas Spitz and Michael Gertz: Entity-centric Topic Extraction and Exploration: A Network-based Approach. In: Proceedings of the 40th European Conference on IR Research (ECIR '18) Grenoble, France, March 26-29. 2018, 3–15
- Andreas Spitz and Michael Gertz: Terms over LOAD: Leveraging Named Entities for Cross-Document Extraction and Summarization of Events. In: Proceedings of the 39th